As a corporate supporter of both clubs, Hyundai Australia teamed up with Carlton FC and Brisbane Lions in Round 6 of the AFL season on Saturday 24th April to raise funds for Hyundai Help for Kids partner Ronald McDonald House Charities Australia through our ‘Kicking Goals for Kids’ activation.
With a capped target of $10,000 to distribute via goals kicked by the respective teams; Hyundai Australia rewarded every Blues goal with a $500 donation to Ronald McDonald House Charities VIC & TAS Chapter and every Lions goal with $500 to Ronald McDonald House Charities South East QLD.
As a wonderful footnote, both clubs offered to match this donation to their respective Ronald McDonald House Chapters.
A summary of donations from the day:
$4,500 to RMHC Vic/Tas Chapter from Hyundai Australia
$5,500 to RMHC SEQ Chapter from Hyundai Australia
$6,000 to RMHC Vic/Tas Chapter from Carlton FC donation for every Carlton goal
Note: Brisbane Lions donation to RMHC SEQ will be determined by the Lions goals scored in their home game on Saturday 1st May at the Gabba (Round 7 vs Port Adelaide)
Amongst the additional Hyundai Help for Kids suite of benefits at this match were:
• Match Ball Handover: Conducted by 7 year old Jake introduced to us from Ronald McDonald House Charities VIC & TAS Chapter.
• Coin Toss: Conducted by 10 year old Zac introduced to us by Hyundai Help for Kids partner Little Wings.
• A Hyundai Help for Kids dedicated seating bay with 40 branded chair slips for our special guests from Ronald McDonald House Vic/Tas Chapter and the Minty family from Little Wings.
• Our guests were all treated to dining vouchers & game day snacks as well as Carlton & Lions merchandise packs.
• AFLW players also joined our special entourage for the duration of the match and were visited by Carlton mascots; Captain Carlton & Navy Nina.
• All our special guests also formed the guard of honour from both teams on game day.
In further promoting this event, Hyundai Help for Kids CSR Committee Member and Director of Sales – Gavin Donaldson, was interviewed about our Kicking Goals for Kids activation on the SEN1116 Radio program by Gerard Whateley. The Whateley program also generously aired a Live Read audio about the match.
This activation has all been possible thanks to the collaborate efforts of our Sponsorship, Southern Region, Northern Region and CSR teams.